If you look for comfort and grace in your surroundings, simply having a few home décor items is not enough. Nurturing houseplants is a great way to enhance the overall well-being of the house or office space.
Bringing home your favorite houseplants and caring for them demands time and many endeavors as, unlike other plants, indoor plants require a specific plant care regime.
Houseplants may be seen in different varieties. Most of the houseplants have compound leaves on a single stem.
They have 3, 5, or 7 leaves in a leaf stem or more than seven leaves. Plants with seven leaves are rare. Yet, we are trying to focus on a few plants with seven glossy and impressive leaves on each stem.
Houseplants with seven leaves
Though rare, with a bit of practice and patience, you will be able to spot houseplants with seven leaves. `Whereas some plants have seven leaves on each stem, some have seven leaves on just a few leaf stems. Here we are going to talk about a few houseplants with seven leaves.
1. Schlefflera Arboricola or Umbrella Plant
Belonging to Araliaceae, the banana tree or dwarf banana tree is native to the eastern part of the Asian continent, especially Taiwan.
This tree is scientifically called Schefflera arboricola, and it is a flowering evergreen shrub that goes up to 9 meters in height. Umbrella plants tend to cling to other plants.
The leaves of this plant are compound, and they have 7 to 9 leaf plants.
The leaflets are 10 to 20 cm in length.
The leaves have a natural leather coating on the surface and are green in color. The young umbrella plant does not have seven leaflets, and the leaves are smaller in size and shape.
As they grow larger, gradually, the number of leaves on a single stem also increases to 7 leaves. The flowers start blooming from the middle of the summer to autumn and are yellow and green.
Benefits of Umbrella Plant
- If too many medications and supplements do not influence you, you may consume umbrella plant leaves to ace your purification process. This helps when you have any health issue related to dirty blood, and the doctor has recommended a thorough detoxification routine.
- Not getting sleep as you hit the bed every night? Try these healing leaves. It can be a panacea to your insomnia. The natural nutrients found in these plant leaves are proven to improve the quality of your sleep.
- You can prevent blood flow problems by consuming umbrella plant leaves as a supplement, or you can enjoy a healing tea with the leaves boiled and blended in it.
- Umbrella plant leaves have been proven to be effective against minor burns. Besides treating burns, it also helps regenerate new skin rapidly after the burn has damaged the surface of your skin.
2. Schefflera actinophylla
Schefflera actinophylla is a plant with seven leaves in the stem, and it is a large tropical plant used massively to decorate homes and interiors. If provided with proper nutrition and care, they will leave for years.
You can easily grow this gorgeous indoor plant. They grow up to 8 feet tall, but you must prune them to your desired height if you plan to keep them as an indoor plant.
Constant trimming and pruning are smart ways to keep it in a corner of your living room or office. As it grows old, the number of leaflets also increases with time. The plant may possess up to 12 inches long.
One downside of nurturing this plant at home is that it is susceptible to different plant diseases.
It would help if you were careful while watering them. Excessive watering or too little watering is extremely harmful to the growth of this plant.
You must also pay attention to what goes inside the pot. If the water is not drained properly, the root rot issue will pop up. Schefflera thrives best in bright sunlight. This plant is also referred to as the Australian Umbrella tree.
Benefits of Schefflera actinophylla
Schefflera actinophylla has almost the same benefits as that of Schefflera arboricola.
Like the other houseplants, this plant, too, has got some wonderful air purifying qualities. It eliminates some of the most hazardous atmospheric elements from the environment and enhances the oxygen thoroughfare in the surroundings.
3. Money Tree
You cannot talk about houseplants with seven leaves without the mention of the money tree. This plant has more to do than just bringing good luck your way.
Money plants have glossy, impressive leaves that beautify your living room or office space. This plant is best to be kept beside a window. You can even grow a money plant inside a bottle.
Benefits of money plant
- Money plant has got some amazing capabilities of detoxifying the air from some airborne pollutants. By eliminating the harmful gases and particles from the air, it helps you breathe easier.
- Money plants have been proven to enhance the quality of sleep in humans.
- If you work on your laptop, pc, or smartphone longer than usual, chances are your body is absorbing the harmful radiation from the electronic devices you are using. In that case, you may have a money plant at your house as an anti-radiating agent.
4. Hybrid tea rose plant.
Hybrid tea rose is another houseplant with seven leaves that can be grown indoors. The tea prepared from the petals has numerous health benefits.
Benefits of hybrid tea rose plant.
- As rose petals contain polyphenols and antioxidants, it helps protect your body from harmful cell damage and lowers the risk of obesity, diabetes, cognitive disorders, etc.
- Rose petals are effective as anti-inflammatory medicine. It works like popular drugs like ibuprofen and aspirin.
- The rich vitamin profile in hybrid tea rose petals are effective in treating menstrual cramps. It also helps to alleviate bloating and other period-related issues.
- If you are suffering from any digestive disorder, then rose tea is highly recommended for you. It is effective against chronic digestion too.
As we can see, houseplants with seven leaves are not just interior designing materials. It is equally effective in purifying the air too. You get a natural air purifier without burning a hole in your pocket. Plus, you also get to savor the amazing benefits that these houseplants have got to offer.